- MERIT believes that Islamic education is a gift for life and we assist Islamic schools and their leaders in their primary role of providing an excellent education.
- MERIT believes that Islamic schools have a critical role in raising Muslim Americans who will be productive citizens and active leaders in the greater society. We provide resources and training for schools to actualize the Muslim American identity.
- MERIT believes that a clear vision is the first step to success and helps Islamic schools create and articulate their vision of faith and intellect, while helping them integrate this vision into every aspect of school life.
- MERIT believes that diversity is a gift from Allah. To be able to benefit from the gift of diversity, we need to learn how to deal with diversity. We respect diverse views of Islamic schools.
- MERIT believes that power shared is power gained, thus we create networking opportunities among Muslim educators and build strategic alliances with other religious and educational institutions.
- MERIT believes in continuous improvement and promotes and guides schools through accreditation.